Trade & Non-Trade - Mechanic
Varley Group is an Australian company with a rich history spanning over 135 years. We have evolved into a highly successful, diverse, and multi-national engineering operation servicing a wide variety of major sectors. With over 600 employees, our company reputation is built on providing first-class work, manufacturing quality products, and providing unsurpassed service. It is our broad but specialized skills base, and our employees that have a passion for going a good job that gives us a competitive edge.
Our SEM Fire and Rescue Division, which is based in Ballarat and has been building emergency service vehicles for more than 65 years, supplies innovative vehicles to numerous fire and many other emergency services and private customers, both locally and overseas.
We have a permanent position available for an experienced Mechanic where you will be constructing, maintaining and repairing a range of emergency and specialised vehicles, truck builds and one-off vehicles.
This role will involve:
- Read and interpret assembly drawings
- Fit assemblies to vehicles
- Fit hardware to vehicles
- Use of hand and power tools to assist in the assembly and fitment of parts
- Servicing of small engines
- Diagnose and repair faults with vehicle fire fighting systems
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Being a trade qualified Automotive Heavy Vehicle Mechanic and/or worked in the trade for minimum 3 years
- Have experience in the repair and service of petrol and diesel motor vehicles
- Have the ability to read and interpret technical drawings, and follow instructions and work procedures
- Have sound knowledge of vehicle diagnostic equipment and mechanical systems
- Ability to assemble vehicles and conduct repairs
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrate a high quality of workmanship and attention to detail
- Be physically capable to perform repetitive tasks – lifting, bending, twisting
- Successfully complete a pre-placement medical including D&A testing
Varley Group and SEM have a reputation for being a trailblazer. The first to purchase new technology, the first to try a new way, and the first to do things that nobody else has done. Our thirst for innovation will continue to shape our future and we are looking for employees that want to help us continue on this journey. We provide:
- Good life/work balance
- Variety of work on innovating and market leading projects
- Permanent Position
- Opportunity for career development and encouragement to work across teams to build your skills and experience
- Access to our employee assistance program
- Mentoring and development programs
- Years of Service Recognition
- Formal Health and Wellbeing programs
If this sounds like the role you are looking for, please send your resume and a cover letter outlining your experience with the above selection criteria.
Varley Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.
- Job Family Technical and Trades
- Pay Type Hourly
- Wendouree VIC 3355, Australia