Vehicle Builder Apprentice
Varley Group is an Australian company with a rich history spanning over 135 years. We have evolved into a highly successful, diverse, and multi-national engineering operation servicing a wide variety of major sectors. With over 600 employees, our company reputation is built on providing first-class work, manufacturing quality products, and providing unsurpassed service. It is our broad but specialized skills base, and our employees that have a passion for going a good job that gives us a competitive edge.
We have an opportunity for a Vehicle Builder Apprentice based at our Narangba site. This role will involve being mentored by experienced Vehicle Builders where you will learn all aspects of the trade on the job, and you will also gain your Certificate III qualification by completing training via block release at Acacia Ridge tafe.
Our Vehicle Builders:
- Are responsible for building various emergency and specialised vehicles, truck builds and one off mobile medical vehicles, using a range of materials.
- Have the ability to read and interpret technical drawings, and follow instructions and work procedures
- Assemble vehicles and conduct repairs
- Are proficient in MIG & TIG welding of steel and aluminium.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Be a recent Year 12 school leaver, or 1-2 years since completing (we would also consider 1st or 2nd year apprentices)
- Looking to complete a 4 year apprenticeship as an Auto Electrician
- Able to travel regularly to tafe at Acacia Ridge to complete block release (generally 2-3 weeks at one time)
- Current Drivers licence
- Have a mechanical aptitude
- Be self-motivated to successfully complete both work and studies
- Demonstrate a high quality of work and attention to detail
- Be physically capable to perform repetitive tasks – lifting, bending, twisting
- Successfully complete a pre-placement medical including D&A testing
Being an apprentice at Varley Group allows you to work for a company that has a reputation for being a trailblazer. The first to purchase new technology, the first to try a new way, and the first to do things that nobody else has done. Our thirst for innovation will continue to shape our future and we are looking for employees that want to help us continue on this journey. We provide:
- Monday-Thursday roster – enjoy a long weekend every week
- Enterprise Agreement conditions with annual increases
- Variety of work on innovating and market leading projects
- Opportunity for career development and encouragement to work across teams to build your skills and experience
- Access to our employee assistance program
- Mentoring and development programs
If this sounds like the role you are looking for, please send your resume and a cover letter outlining your experience with the above selection criteria.
Varley Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.
- Job Family In Training
- Pay Type Hourly
- Narangba QLD 4504, Australia