Varley Group is an Australian company with a rich history spanning over 135 years. We have evolved into a highly successful, diverse, and multi-national engineering operation servicing a wide variety of major sectors. With over 600 employees, our company reputation is built on providing first-class work, manufacturing quality products, and providing unsurpassed service. It is our broad but specialized skills base, and our employees that have a passion for going a good job that gives us a competitive edge.
We have a permanent position available at our Narangba site for an experienced 240v Electrician where you will be Manufacturing new builds along with diagnosing and fault finding electrical system and componentry problems in a range of emergency and specialised vehicles, truck builds and one-off vehicles.
This role will involve:
- Following manufacturing drawings to complete 240v electrical fit outs, including harness rough in, termination, fit out programming and 240v electrical approval.
- Assist in a team to test and verify all electrical operations of vehicles
- Assist in implementing and verifying appropriate improvements to electrical systems
- Fault find electrical problems on vehicles with and without electrical diagrams
- Fit electrical components to vehicles
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Being a trade qualified licenced 240v Electrician.
- Have experience in 240v Electrical, including repair techniques, circuit diagram reading, vehicle on-board electronic systems and fault finding.
- Have the ability to read and interpret technical drawings, and follow instructions and work procedures
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrate a high quality of workmanship and attention to detail
- Be physically capable to perform repetitive tasks – lifting, bending, twisting
- Successfully complete a pre-placement medical including D&A testing
Varley Group have a reputation for being a trailblazer. The first to purchase new technology, the first to try a new way, and the first to do things that nobody else has done. Our thirst for innovation will continue to shape our future and we are looking for employees that want to help us continue on this journey. We provide:
- Monday-Thursday roster – enjoy a long weekend every week
- Enterprise Agreement conditions
- Variety of work on innovating and market leading projects
- Permanent Position
- Opportunity for career development and encouragement to work across teams to build your skills and experience
- Access to our employee assistance program
- Mentoring and development programs
- Years of Service Recognition
- Formal Health and Wellbeing programs
If this sounds like the role you are looking for, please send your resume and a cover letter outlining your experience with the above selection criteria.
Varley Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds.
- Job Family Technical and Trades
- Pay Type Hourly
- Narangba QLD 4504, Australia